US LBM is one of the leading and fastest growing distributors of specialty building materials in the United States, with a team of over 15,000 employees located throughout the country. Since our founding in 2009, we have acquired over 70 companies and have expanded to more than 500 locations serving 37 states. US LBM is a progressive organization that promotes a unique culture that focuses on the value of its customers and associates. Developing our people is critical to our strategy and fostering our culture of empowerment.
This role will require 3-4 days onsite and will include travel around the area to our locations.
Things you should know about working at US LBM:
- We are all about teamwork! All positions are hands-on, and we band together when necessary.
- We support each other. We have local and corporate team members to help you along the way and partner on projects as appropriate.
- We are in a relaxed atmosphere; this is not a suit-and-tie environment.
- We work hard. We are a continuous improvement-driven organization focused on keeping organized and on task.
How you will spend your days as an HR Generalist:
- The first level of support for Associate Relations.
- Owner of retention and engagement for designated locations.
- Leads orientation on-boarding program for associates to learn about their new position, our company, and culture.
- Workers' Compensation coordination between employees and insurance carriers.
- Benefits advocate.
- Manages LOAs for locations.
- Maintains and oversees DQ files and ensures compliance.
- Regional and enterprise projects as assigned.
- Health care benefits, starting the first of the month after 30 days of employment
- Monday – Friday schedule
- 401(k) with company match
- Closed holidays
- Paid time off
- Employee discount
- We’ll support your educational and career goals with our continuing education programs
We want you to join the team if you can check these boxes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Admin or a related field preferred. Work experience may be substituted for educational requirements. PHR/SPHR Certification is a plus.
- 2 – 3 years of Human Resource related experience.
- Above-average verbal/written communication skills.
- Effective training and negotiating abilities and ability to deal constructively with conflicts.
- Must have a high degree of patience with the ability to recognize potential problems.
- Ability to travel and perform according to the requirements of the position.
US LBM Holdings, LLC, is an equal-opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, order of protection status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit uslbm.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.