Founded in 1939 and headquartered in San Antonio, Hart’s operations serve the major markets in Texas with five building materials yards and one window distribution facility across Austin, Houston, Dallas-Ft. Worth and San Antonio. Hart Components operates three building component manufacturing facilities in Austin, San Antonio and Van Alstyne.
Foxworth-Galbraith Lumber Company has an opening for a Maintenance Mechanic located at our Van Alstyne, TX Truss Operation. The Mechanic will provide preventative maintenance and repairs on manufacturing machinery within Company standards to provide quality service to builder clients. Coordinates and monitors the utilization, repair, and maintenance of manufacturing equipment. Provides training, expertise, and assistance to associates engaged in operating manufacturing equipment.
The pay range for this position is $16.00/hr – $24.00/hr depending on experience.
INTENT OF JOB DESCRIPTION AND MODIFICATIONS:
This job description describes the duties and responsibilities, qualifications requirements, physical demands, work environment, etc. for this job. Duties may be combined with other jobs or duties from other jobs depending upon operational circumstances. Management reserves the right to add, modify or end any of the duties contained in the job description as future business conditions warrant.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following are the essential duties and responsibilities of the job. Other duties may be assigned.
* Performs start-up and closing procedures for the shop, and ensures that the shop is operational during hours established.
* Assists in troubleshooting and resolving complex maintenance and repair issues in manufacturing equipment; determines extent of necessary repairs to manufacturing equipment; participates in the maintenance and repair of manufacturing equipment; and provides training to associates to ensure standard operating procedures and proper safety practices are followed.
* Coordinates and monitors preventive maintenance programs and regular inspection schedules to ensure manufacturing equipment is operational and production is uninterrupted.
* Performs periodic onsite and offsite inspections to major manufacturing equipment to ensure manufacturing equipment is in proper working condition and that safety policies and procedures are being followed.
* Performs maintenance on saws, compressors, presses, floor machines and all equipment to keep machines running in good working order. Acts as technical expert in troubleshooting and resolving complex maintenance and repair issues; determines extent of necessary repairs; and participates in the maintenance and repair of equipment.
* Performs as needed non safety-sensitive adjustments only on rolling equipment (heavy duty diesel trucks, forklifts, light duty trucks, passenger cars and trucks), including but not limited to, replacing fuses, replacing wipers blades, replacing lightbulbs, replacing mud-flaps and/or refilling fluids.
* Attends and participates in all Company-sponsored training programs as required.
* Performs any other duties, responsibilities or tasks as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and three to five years related experience and/or training in automotive repair and maintenance; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Certified Mechanic preferred. If a company vehicle or truck is assigned, a valid driver's license of the appropriate type and class issued by the state of residence to operate the size and type of Company vehicle or truck is required. If the Company vehicle or truck assigned is subject to Federal Department of Labor regulations, a valid Commercial Driver's License is required. Furthermore, the driver's record must be acceptable to the Company's insurance carrier and must conform to all restrictions listed on the license in order to operate any Company vehicle or truck.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Associate is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The Associate is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The Associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Associate regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions. The Associate occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Foxworth-Galbraith Lumber Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We seek and encourage a diversity of skills, talents and viewpoints in our workplace.
Hart Lumber, a Division of US LBM Holdings, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, order of protection status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit uslbm.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.