US LBM is one of the leading and fastest growing distributors of specialty building materials in the United States, with a team of over 15,000 employees located throughout the country. Since our founding in 2009, we have acquired over 70 companies and have expanded to more than 500 locations serving 37 states. US LBM is a progressive organization that promotes a unique culture that focuses on the value of its customers and associates. Developing our people is critical to our strategy and fostering our culture of empowerment.
The Senior Accounts Payable Associate reports to the Accounts Payable Shared Services Supervisor/Manager and is responsible for the processing of accounts payable for our corporate and operating companies across the enterprise.
Responsibilities include execution accounts payable activities including setup and maintenance of vendor master records, processing, and payment of invoices in a timely fashion, proper matching of purchasing and receiving documents, distribution to general ledger accounts, timely and accurate payments (including discount management), proper record keeping, adhering to key performance metrics and controls.
- Transacting accounts payable using multiple ERP software and other financial programs
- Handling accounts payable for separate entities and vendors
- Reviewing the work of others
- Work with buyers and receiving associates to resolve issues
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with new and existing vendors
- Ensuring invoices are paid in a timely and accurate manner while adhering to departmental procedures
- Processing of payments and resolving inquiries timely
- Creating and maintaining vendor master data
- Comparing purchase orders, prices, terms of payment and other charges
- Reconciling accounts, vendor statements and aging reports
- Participate in process improvement initiatives
REQUIRED AND PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent experience strongly preferred.
- 5 plus years of progressive accounts payable experience required.
- Knowledge of accounts payable best practices, policies and procedures and internal controls preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office required
- Ability to accurately review the work of others
- Shared services experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Epicor Catalyst, Epicor BisTrack, and/or Great Plains strongly preferred.
- Ability to interact professionally, with internal and external customers required
- Must be comfortable working in an evolving, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to work within a team environment required
- Strong work ethic required
- Effective communication skills (written and oral) required
- Ability to work in the US without sponsorship required
US LBM Holdings, LLC, is an equal-opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, order of protection status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit uslbm.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.